Doing a software update or OS upgrade on your Apple iPhone 5s is required to keep your iPhone 5s secure and functioning smoothly. A software update provides the latest security patches and bug fixes for your Apple iPhone device. Also, recent Apple iPhone 5s Software versions run better than previous iOS versions due to optimizations.
On recent Apple iPhones, the iOS 14 runs better than the older iOS 13 versions. Apple’s new iOS15 update will come along with the release of the iPhone 13 series in October or November of 2021. iOS15 is available for Public Beta Testing now in both Public Beta and Developer beta profiles.
Let’s learn how to get the Apple iPhone 5s new update file and install it.
How To Update to iOS15 On iPhone 5s
1. To update your Apple iOS to the latest version on your Apple iPhone 5s, unlock your iPhone using Touch ID or Face ID.
2. Then in your app home screen, find and open the Settings App on your iPhone.
3. Then select and tap on the the Software Update option. Or Search for the Software Update on top of the Settings App Search Bar at the top.
4. Now Click on Check Now for Updates option to check and download the latest Apple iOS software using your mobile or Wifi data on Apple iPhone 5s.
5. If an Apple iOS 15 software update is available on Apple iPhone 5s, you will be prompted to “Download and install” the latest update or schedule it.
6. Now click on the Download and Install button to start the iOS15 update process. After downloading, your Apple iPhone 5s device will restart and the update will be completed.
Now your Apple iPhone will be updated to the latest iOS15 OS with recent changes and security patches.
Software and firmware updates on your Apple iPhone 5s makes your device run smoother without any issues as device makers release updates that fix bugs and issues in the previous version. Also, camera performance might also improve in some iOS software updates.
Apple iPhone 5s Frequently Asked Questions:
How do i update my Apple iPhone 5s software to IOS15 ?
If your Apple iPhone 5s device has the iOS15 software update, then you can update it using our tutorial. You can go to Settings and Choose the Software Update and check for updates.
How to fix iOS15 Software update problem on Apple iPhone 5s?
- To fix the iOS15 software update problem try a soft restart of your Apple iPhone 5s.
- Try using iTunes to do an iPhone Restore or update to the latest iOS update.
- Try restarting your iPhone 5s and try the iOS software update again.
How to update to iOS 15 beta on Apple iPhone 5s?
Once Beta is introduced On your Apple iPhone 5s device, in order to update to iOS 15 Developer Beta or Public beta, register as a tester or developer on the Apple Developer Beta website, and then once the beta version is available, you can download it on your device.
How to update to iOS15 on Apple iPhone 5s?
When iOS15 is released widely to the public, to get iOS15 on your Apple iPhone 5s you can check the software update section on your Settings app to update to the latest iOS15 version.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any other issues while updating Apple iPhone 5s.
Also, read our other tutorials for Apple iPhone 5s here on our website.