Is your Apple iPhone 7 Plus Stuck at the Lock screen and you want to bypass it with the hard restore? Do you want to sell your iPhone and want to know how to factory reset your iPhone 7 Plus and erase all data? You will learn how to do all these and the difference in this tutorial.
Phone Name : iPhone 7 Plus
When Your iPhone 7 Plus doesn’t turn on or is it stuck during boot, then we can do a soft reset or Factory reset.
Force Restart or Hard Reset or Force Reboot all refer to hard reset procedure. This doesn’t erase your data on your iPhone 7 Plus.
But doing a factory reset of iPhone 7 Plus is different and needs iTunes connection and will erase all your data.
Then this tutorial shows you all the methods to Reset your iPhone 7 Plus.
How To Hard Reset iPhone 7 Plus
A hard reset or force restart on iPhone 7 Plus will restart your device and refresh the software. You can do this when your iPhone is stuck in an app. This hard reset procedure on iPhones won’t delete your files.
Hard Reset iPhone 7 Plus Using Hardware Buttons
- To do a hard reset or force restart on your iPhone 7 Plus press the Sleep/Wake/Power button + Home Button at the same time and hold it for a few seconds.
- Release all buttons when you see the Apple logo on your iPhone 7 Plus.
- Now your iPhone 7 Plus will restart and the hard reboot will be done that cleans up your memory and restarts the iOS software.
- Now your iPhone will start and you can use it will all your apps still being present on your device.
How To Factory Reset iPhone 7 Plus
A factory reset on iPhone 7 Plus will restore your iPhone to the factory settings and It will erase all the installed apps and all your data including your photos. So be sure that you back up the data you wanted.
Also, make sure you have your Apple id and password if you have your iPhone 7 Plus linked to an apple id because it will show Activation lock once the factory reset is done. Or you can remove the apple id on your phone before doing the factory reset.
- Download the iTunes software on your PC or Mac.
- Plug your iPhone 7 Plus with the PC or Mac and open the iTunes software. It will now be detected on the iTunes software.
- Now click on the Home button and Lock button for 7 to 8 seconds.
- And or when you see the apple logo release the lock button and continue to hold the home button.
- Leave the home button once you see the Computer Icon along with lightning cable.
- Now your iPhone 7 Plus is in recovery mode or DFU mode.
- On the iTunes software, a popup will show and ask you to either Restore or Update. You can update the iPhone with the latest software or do a Restore.
- When you click on restore it will restore the iOS software or backup you already have. It will also download and update to the latest iOS when you don’t have the latest software. Or iTunes will only restore your iPhone 7 Plus when you already have the latest iOS release on your iPhone.
- Now the restore will be done and all your data will be deleted.
- Now if you didn’t remove the apple id you will be shown activation lock on the iTunes software. Enter your Apple id and password to unlock your iPhone 7 Plus.
- You will be taken to the setup process once again like its a new iPhone setup.
How to hard reset iPhone 7 Plus to factory settings?
To restore your iPhone 7 Plus to factory settings and erase all your data connect to iTunes and follow the hard reset procedure.
How to do a Factory Reset on iPhone 7 Plus?
To do a factory reset on your iPhone 7 Plus you need to connect to iTunes and follow the factory reset procedure to restore your device with the latest iOS software. This will erase all your data.
How to reset iPhone 7 Plus without a password?
Resetting an iPhone 7 Plus without a password involves the use of iTunes in your synced computer.
How to factory reset iPhone 7 Plus without Home Button?
You can factory reset an iPhone 7 Plus without a home button by going to Settings > General > Reset option. And click on erase all content and reset. Your content will be erased and it will be reset to its original settings.
When to do a Hard Reset on iPhone 7 Plus?
When your iPhone 7 Plus no longer starts or when it is stuck and cannot be used, a hard reset or factory reset can be done to restore the phone to its original software settings.
iPhone 7 Plus Specifications
Your iPhone 7 Plus has Apple A10 Fusion (16 nm) processor with PowerVR Series7XT Plus (six-core graphics) and 3GB RAM. Your phone supports iOS 10.0.1, upgradable to iOS 13.5 Operating System.
I hope this article was helpful in doing a hard reset or a factory reset on your Apple iPhone 7 Plus. If you had any problems with resetting your iPhone do comment below we will help you out.
Also, don’t forget to share our article on social media if you found it helpful.