Doing a software update or OS upgrade on your Apple iPhone X is required to keep your iPhone X secure and functioning smoothly. A software update provides the latest security patches and bug fixes for your Apple iPhone device. Also, recent Apple iPhone X Software versions run better than previous iOS versions due to optimizations.
On recent Apple iPhones, the iOS 16 runs better than the older iOS 15 versions. Apple’s new iOS 16 update will come along with the release of the iPhone 14 series in September or October of 2022.
But iOS16 is available for Beta Testing now in both Public Beta and Developer beta profiles.
Let’s learn how to get the Apple iPhone X new update file and install it.
Is your Apple iPhone X compatible to install iOS 16: iOS16 is supported
How To Install or update iOS 16 On iPhone X
1. To update your Apple iOS to the latest version on your Apple iPhone X, unlock your iPhone using Touch ID or Face ID.
2. Then, in your app home screen, find and open the Settings App on your iPhone.
3. Then select and tap on the Software Update option. Or Search for the Software Update on top of the Settings App Search Bar at the top.
4. Now Click on Check Now for Updates option to check and download the latest Apple iOS software using your mobile or Wi-Fi data on Apple iPhone X.
5. If an Apple iOS 16 software update is available on Apple iPhone X, you will be prompted to “Download and install” the latest update or schedule it.
6. Now click on the Download and Install button to start the iOS 16 update process. After downloading, your Apple iPhone X device will restart and the update will be completed.
Now your Apple iPhone will be installed and updated to the latest iOS 16 OS with recent changes and security patches.
Software and firmware updates on your Apple iPhone X makes your device run smoother without any issues, as device makers release updates that fix bugs and issues in the previous version. Also, camera performance might also improve in some iOS software updates.
Apple iPhone X Frequently Asked Questions:
How do i update my Apple iPhone X software to IOS16?
If your Apple iPhone X device has the iOS 16 software update, then you can update it using our tutorial. You can go to Settings and Choose the Software Update and check for updates.
How to fix iOS 16 Software update problem on Apple iPhone X?
- To fix the iOS 16 software update problem, try a soft restart of your Apple iPhone X.
- Try using iTunes to do an iPhone Restore or update to the latest iOS update.
- Try restarting your iPhone X and try the iOS software update again.
How to install iOS 16 beta on Apple iPhone X?
Once iOS Beta is introduced On your Apple iPhone X device, in order to update to iOS 16 Developer Beta or Public beta, register as a tester or developer on the Apple Developer Beta website, and then once the beta version is available, you can download it and install it on your device.
How to update to iOS 16 on Apple iPhone X?
When iOS16 is released widely to the public, to get iOS16 on your Apple iPhone X you can check the software update section on your Settings app to update to the latest iOS16 version.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any other issues while updating Apple iPhone X.
Also, read our other tutorials for Apple iPhone X here on our website.