Is your Google Pixel 3 XL stuck at the Lock screen as you forgot your password and you want to bypass it? Do you want to know how to factory reset your Google Pixel 3 XL? Or do you want to know how to restore defaults on your Pixel 3 XL? Let’s learn.
Name : Pixel 3 XL
In this tutorial, we will learn how to Hard Reset Google Pixel 3 XL using hardware buttons when you are stuck in the lock screen and don’t know the password to enter the device.
How To Hard Reset Google Pixel 3 XL
- First, you have to switch off your Pixel 3 XL before doing a hard reset.
- Once your Pixel 3 XL phone is switched off, press the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time.
- Hold the two buttons together until you see the android recovery mode screen appears.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll through the modes like Restart Boot loader, Start, Power Off, Recovery Mode. And select the Recovery Mode option and press the power button to confirm.
- Once your pixel restart and show the Android bot logo. Now press the power button and while you are holding it press the volume up button to enter the Android Recovery mode.
- Now Use the Volume Up / Down keys to choose the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option. (Note that All data will be erased when you do the Hard Reset / Wipe Data, Factory Reset your Google Pixel 3 XL. Do it at your own risk)
- When you are ready, confirm the selection by pressing the Power Button. Now your data will be erased and you will get the Wiping Data / Formatting Data message. When it’s done you will see the Data Wipe Complete Message. Now confirm Reboot by pressing the power button.
How To Factory Reset Google Pixel 3 XL using software
- Go to Settings and scroll down and select the “Backup and Reset” option.
- Then select Factory Data Reset. This will erase all data on your phone message will show up.
- Confirm by tapping the Reset button at the bottom.
- And then press the Erase Everything button once you are ready.
- Now you have done the factory reset on your Pixel 3 XL without using the pixel hardware buttons.
That’s it you have completed the Google Pixel 3 XL Hard Reset or Factory Reset procedure. Leave your comments and share this tutorial.
Also, read our other tutorials for Google Pixel 3 XL.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.