Doing a software or system update on your Google Pixel is required to keep the phone secure and functioning smoothly. A software update provides the latest security patches and bug fixes for your Google Smart Phones. Also, recent Google Pixel Software versions run better than previous versions due to optimizations.
On recent Google devices, the stock Android 11 UI software runs better than the older Android 1o UI versions. Google’s new Android 11 or Android R update will come very soon to pixel devices. Also, the Android 11 beta developer version is already available for installation.
To become an Android 11 beta tester you have to enroll your device for the Android 11 Beta program here
Let’s learn how to get the Google Pixel new update file and install it.
How To Update Software On Google Pixel
1. To update your android version to the latest version on your Google Pixel, unlock your phone and swipe up to access the App launcher.
2. Then find and open the Settings App.
3. Then select the Software Update option. Or Search for Software Update on top of the Settings App Search Bar.
4. Then Click on Check Now for Updates option to check and download the latest Google Android 11 software using your mobile or Wifi data on Google Pixel.
5. If a Google software update is available on Google Pixel, you will be prompted to “Download and install” the latest update or schedule it.
6. Now click on the Download and Install button to start the update process. After downloading, your Google Pixel device will restart and the update will be completed.
Now your Google smartphone will be updated to the latest software with recent changes and security patches.
Software and firmware updates on your Google Pixel makes your device run smoother without any issues as device makers release updates that fix bugs and issues in the previous version. Also, camera performance might also improve in some android software updates.
Google Pixel Frequently Asked Questions:
How do i update my Google Pixel software?
If your Google Pixel device has a software update, then you can update it using our tutorial. You can go to Settings and Choose the Software Update and check for updates.
How to fix Software update problem on Google Pixel?
- To fix the software update problem try a soft restart of your Google Pixel.
- Then transfer the Update zip file on the android root folder and restart the device to start the update process. Then tap on update notification to start the update.
How to update to Android 11 beta on Google Pixel?
Once Beta is introduced On your Google Pixel device, in order to update to android 11 beta register as a tester or developer on the Google Beta Developer website, and then once the beta version is available, you can download it on your device.
How to update to Android 11 (R) on Google Pixel?
If Android 11 is made available on your Google Pixel you can check the software update section on your Settings app to update to the Android 11 or Android R version.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any other issues while updating Google Pixel.
Also, read our other tutorials for Google Pixel here on our website.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.