Is your Motorola Moto X’s screen frozen and not responding? Do you want to know how to Soft Reset or Force Restart your Motorola Moto X without deleting any data?
The Soft Reset procedure is used to reboot the Moto X in situations where the device needs to be rebooted without losing any personal data. Let’s learn how.
Name: Motorola Moto X
In this tutorial, we will also learn how to Soft Reset Motorola Moto X or force reboot using hardware buttons. You can do this when you are stuck in an unresponsive app and cannot use the hardware button on your Motorola device.
How To Soft Reset Motorola Moto X
- Press and hold the Moto X’s Power / Sleep button for 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
- A shutdown and restart option will appear on the screen. Click on restart.
- If the screen is unresponsive, then press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button at the same time for about 10 seconds.
- Leave both the buttons when your Motorola device restarts.
- This will do a Soft Reset on your Motorola without deleting any of your data on your device.
- That’s it, you have successfully done a soft reset procedure on your Moto X device.
Also, read more Motorola Moto X tutorials.
How To Force Restart Motorola Moto X?
- Make sure you have charged your device for at least 5% before doing the force restart.
- To force restart Press and Hold down the Power / Sleep hardware key for 20 seconds until your Moto X restarts.
- Leave both the keys when your phone restarts.
- You have successfully completed the Motorola smartphone force restart process.
That’s it you have completed the Soft Reset or Force Restart procedure on Motorola Moto X.
Hope this tutorial was helpful in fixing your unresponsive Moto X. Kindly leave your valuable comments below.
Also, don’t forget to share this tutorial on social media.
He is the founder of howtodoninja.com and is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how-to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.