Did you forget your password and cannot access your Samsung Galaxy A6s? Do you want to know how to factory reset or Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy A6s to bypass the lock screen.? You are in the right tutorial.
Sometimes soft reset or hard reset of your Samsung Galaxy A6s phone can also fix many smartphone problems like lagging software.
Force Restart, Hard Resett or Force Reset all refer to the same hard reset procedure on your Samsung Galaxy A6s smartphone.
Note that all your data will be erased when you do a Hard Reset / Wipe Data or Factory Reset your Galaxy A6s. Do it at your own risk. Make sure you Backup your data if you can access your phone via google account or using phone backup software on your PC.
Your smartphone supports Android 8.0 (Oreo) OS version. You can follow the procedure related to the android version you are running on your phone.
Learn How To Hard Reset Galaxy A6s
To do a Hard Reset or factory reset on your Galaxy A6s we can follow few methods. One is by using hardware buttons and another by using software.
Hard Reset Galaxy A6s Using Hardware Buttons
- First you have to switch off your Galaxy A6s and Charge your phone to at least 50% before doing the hard reset.
- Once your Galaxy A6s is switched off, press the power button and Volume Down button at the same time and hold them until the phone starts as shown in screenshot above.
- Release them when you see the Samsung boot screen logo, you will now be taken to the Samsung Android Recovery mode.
- Once you are in Android recovery mode, Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to move up and down the list and select the Wipe Data/Factory reset option and press the Power button to confirm.
- After that there will be a confirmation to Wipe all user data. Select the “Factory Data Reset” Option and press the power button again to confirm.
- Your Galaxy A6s phone will restart and all the data will be wiped and the Factory Reset will be completed after 10 to 20 minutes depending on your phone speed.
Hard Reset Galaxy A6s using OneUI
- Turn on your Galaxy A6s phone and go to the Settings app.
- Then click on General Management option and choose the Backup and reset option. ( Or you can choose Settings > About Phone and Under Looking for Something Else Choose the Reset option )
- Then click on the Reset option and then on the next window, Click on Factory Data Reset.
- And that confirm the reset by clicking on the Reset button as shown in images below.
- Your phone will reboot and all your data will be erased. Now your Galaxy A6s phone will be fully reset and all settings will be restored to defaults including network settings.
Galaxy A6s Frequently Asked Questions:
How to hard reset Galaxy A6s to factory settings?
Can you reset Samsung Galaxy A6s without password?
How do I reset my Galaxy A6s without a password?
When to do a Hard Reset on Galaxy A6s?
How do I boot my Galaxy A6s into recovery mode?
Kindly share with your friends on social media if you found this tutorial helpful.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any other issues with your Galaxy A6s.
Also Read our other tutorials for Galaxy A6s in our website.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.