Did you forget your password, Stuck at the Lock screen and cannot access your Samsung Galaxy S6? Do you want to know how to factory reset or Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S6 to bypass the lock screen.
Or You just want data soft reset your phone to your defaults. Then you have to learn how to restore defaults in your Samsung Galaxy S6.
Force Restarting, Hard Resetting or Force Rebooting all refer to the same hard reset procedure on your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Note Your data will be erased when you do a Hard Reset / Wipe Data, Factory Reset on your Galaxy S6. Do it at your own risk. Make sure you Backup your data if you can access your phone.
How To Hard Reset Galaxy S6
Let’s learn how to do a Hard Reset or factory reset your Galaxy S6 by following the below steps.
Hard Reset Galaxy S6 Using Hardware Buttons
- First you have to switch off your Galaxy S6 before doing a hard reset. Charge your phone to at least 50% before doing the hard reset.
- Once your Galaxy S6 is switched off, press the power button and the Volume Down button and Home Button at the same time and hold them until the phone starts.
- Release them when you see the Samsung boot screen logo, you will now be taken to the Samsung System Recovery option.
- Once you are in recovery mode selection, Use the volume key to move up and down the list and select the Wipe Data/Factory reset option and press the Power button to confirm.
- After that Select the “Yes – delete all user data option” and press the power button again to confirm.
- Your Galaxy S6 phone will restart and all the data will be wiped and the Factory Reset will be completed in a few minutes depending on the data stored on your device.
Hard Reset Galaxy S6 When Powered On
- If you are able to access your Galaxy S6 smartphone, then we can use the software hard reset option.
- Click on the Apps >> Settings app and navigate to General Tab.
- Then Choose the Backup and reset option
- Then click on the Factory data reset option under Personal Data. And choose Reset Device >> Erase Everything option.
- Your device will reboot and this will reset Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Galaxy S6 Frequently Asked Questions:
How to hard reset Galaxy S6 to factory settings?
Can you reset Samsung Galaxy S6 without password?
How do I reset my Galaxy S6 without a password?
When to do a Hard Reset on Galaxy S6?
How do I boot my Galaxy S6 into recovery mode?
I hope this article was helpful. If you had any problems with resetting your Galaxy S6.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any issues with your Galaxy S6, we will help you out.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin