Is your Redmi Note 2’s screen frozen and your touch screen is unresponsive? Do you want to do a Soft Reset or Force Restart on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 without deleting any data on your smartphone or tablet?
The Soft Reset procedure is used to reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 when the device needs to be rebooted without losing any personal data or when the Android OS is not responding. It works most of the time to fix Rebooting, Overheating, Lagging, or Crashing issues on your Xiaomi Device. Let’s learn how.
Also read: Tutorials for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
How To Soft Reset Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- To soft reset your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, Press and hold the Power or Sleep button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- You will get feedback or vibration on your Xiaomi smartphone and it will show the shutdown and the restart options screen. Click on the Power Off & Restart Option.
- If the screen is unresponsive, then press and hold the Power button until it restarts.
- Leave the power button when your Xiaomi mobile restarts and you will see the boot screen.
- This will do a Soft Reset on your Xiaomi smartphone without deleting any of your mobile data.
- That’s it, you have successfully done a soft reset procedure on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 smartphone.
Also, read more Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 tutorials.
How To Do Force Restart on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2?
If you want to force restart or force shutdown a crashed or frozen Redmi Note 2 device follow the below steps.
- Make sure you have charged your Xiaomi device for at least 5% before doing the force restart.
- To force restart your Xiaomi device, Press and Hold down the Sleep / Power button along with the Volume Down button together for about 5 seconds. Or just hold down the Power button.
- Your Redmi Note 2 device will vibrate and the restart process will start.
- Now leave both the buttons when you the Xiaomi boot screen.
- If you have entered Recovery mode by mistake, then use the Volume button to choose the Restart Option and press the Power button to confirm.
- That’s it, the Xiaomi force restart process is completed.
That’s it you have successfully completed the Soft Reset or Force Restart procedure on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
Hope this tutorial was helpful in fixing your unresponsive Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. Kindly leave your valuable comments below.
Also, don’t forget to share this Xiaomi article on social media if you found it helpful.