Doing a software or system update on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite is required to keep the phone secure and functioning smoothly. A software update provides the latest security patches and bug fixes for your Xiaomi device. Also, recent Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite Software versions run better than previous versions due to optimizations.
On recent Xiaomi devices, the Xiaomi MIUI 12 based on android10 software runs better than the older UI versions. Xiaomi’s new UI 12 update will come along with the recent Android 10 update.
Let’s learn how to get the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite new update file and install it.
How To Update Software On Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
1. To update your android version to the latest version on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite, unlock your phone and swipe up to access the App launcher.
2. Then find and open the Settings App.
3. Then select the Software Update option. Or Search for Software Update on top of the Settings App Search Bar.
4. Then Click on Check Now for MIUI Updates option to check and download the latest Xiaomi MIUI software using your mobile or Wifi data on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite as per the screenshot below.
5. If a Xiaomi software update is available on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite, you will be prompted to “Download and install” the latest update or schedule it.
6. Now click on the Download and Install button to start the update process. After downloading, your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite device will restart and the update will be completed.
Now your Xiaomi smartphone will be updated to the latest software with recent changes and security patches.
Software and firmware updates on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite makes your device run smoother without any issues as device makers release updates that fix bugs and issues in the previous version. Also, camera performance might also improve in some android software updates.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite Frequently Asked Questions:
How do i update my Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite software?
If your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite device has a software update, then you can update it using our tutorial. You can go to Settings and Choose the Software Update and check for updates.
How to fix Software update problem on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite?
- To fix the software update problem try a soft restart of your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Then transfer the Update zip file on the android root folder and restart the device to start the update process. Then tap on update notification to start the update.
How to update to Android 11 beta on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite?
On your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite device, in order to update to android 11 beta register as a tester or developer on the Xiaomi website, and then once the beta version is out you can download it on your device.
How to update to Android 11 (R) on Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite?
If Android 11 is made available on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite you can check the software update section on your Settings app to update to the Android 11 or Android R ( Xiaomi MIUI 13) version.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any other issues while updating Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite.
Also, read our other tutorials for Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite here on our website.