What is AeXNSAgent.exe?
AeXNSAgent.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Windows process Altiris Agent which comes with the software developed by Altiris.
The .exe extension of the AeXNSAgent file specifies that it is an executable file.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers.
We will check if the AeXNSAgent file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is AeXNSAgent.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file is mentioned below.
File Location : C:Program Files (x86)AltirisAltiris Agent
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for AeXNSAgent.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)AltirisAltiris Agent|
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
How to check if AeXNSAgent is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether AeXNSAgent is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide AeXNSAgent is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the AeXNSAgent process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall AeXNSAgent.exe
To remove AeXNSAgent.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Altiris>Altiris Agent orAltiris Agent >AeXNSAgent_uninstall.exe.
- Or the AeXNSAgent.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for AeXNSAgent.exe or the software name Altiris Agent in the search bar or try out the developer name Altiris.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove AeXNSAgent.exe file from your computer. Now the software Altiris Agent program along with the file AeXNSAgent.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop AeXNSAgent process?
In order to stop the aexnsagent.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is AeXNSAgent a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the AeXNSAgent might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is AeXNSAgent causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of AeXNSAgent.
Is AeXNSAgent causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether AeXNSAgent is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the AeXNSAgent.exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is AeXNSAgent causing High Network Usage?
If the AeXNSAgent has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the AeXNSAgent.exe process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of AeXNSAgent?
To check whether the AeXNSAgent is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the AeXNSAgent process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the AeXNSAgent.exe file and how to remove it.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other AeXNSAgent issues.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.