What is avgidsagenta.exe?
avgidsagenta.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Windows process AVG Identity Protection Service which comes with the software developed by AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
The .exe extension of the avgidsagenta file specifies that it is an executable file.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers.
We will check if the avgidsagenta file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is avgidsagenta.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file is mentioned below.
File Location : C:Program Files (x86)AVGAv
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for avgidsagenta.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)AVGAv|
|Software||AVG Internet Security|
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
How to check if avgidsagenta is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether avgidsagenta is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide avgidsagenta is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the avgidsagenta process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall avgidsagenta.exe
To remove avgidsagenta.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o>AVG Identity Protection Service orAVG Internet Security >avgidsagenta_uninstall.exe.
- Or the avgidsagenta.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for avgidsagenta.exe or the software name AVG Internet Security in the search bar or try out the developer name AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove avgidsagenta.exe file from your computer. Now the software AVG Internet Security program along with the file avgidsagenta.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop avgidsagenta process?
In order to stop the avgidsagenta.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is avgidsagenta a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the avgidsagenta might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is avgidsagenta causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of avgidsagenta.
Is avgidsagenta causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether avgidsagenta is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the avgidsagenta.exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is avgidsagenta causing High Network Usage?
If the avgidsagenta has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the avgidsagenta.exe process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of avgidsagenta?
To check whether the avgidsagenta is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the avgidsagenta process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the avgidsagenta.exe file and how to remove it.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other avgidsagenta issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin