What is BrIndicator.exe?
BrIndicator.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the BrIndicator process which comes along with the BrIndicator Software developed by Brother Industries software developer.
If the BrIndicator.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes BrIndicator.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the BrIndicator.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the BrIndicator.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is BrIndicator.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is shown below.
File Location / Rating : C:Program Files (x86)BrownyIndBrother
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for BrIndicator.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Brother Industries|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)BrownyIndBrother|
Over All Ratings for BrIndicator.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is BrIndicator.exe A Virus or Malware: BrIndicator.exe .
How to check if BrIndicator.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether BrIndicator.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide BrIndicator.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the BrIndicator.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall BrIndicator.exe
To remove BrIndicator.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall BrIndicator.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Brother Industries>BrIndicator >BrIndicator> BrIndicator.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the BrIndicator.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for BrIndicator.exe or the software name BrIndicator in the search bar or try out the developer name Brother Industries.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove BrIndicator.exe file from your computer. Now the software BrIndicator program along with the file BrIndicator.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop BrIndicator.exe process?
In order to stop the brindicator.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is BrIndicator.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the BrIndicator.exe might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is BrIndicator.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of BrIndicator.exe.
Is BrIndicator.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether BrIndicator.exe is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is BrIndicator.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the BrIndicator.exe has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of BrIndicator.exe?
To check whether the BrIndicator.exe is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the BrIndicator.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the BrIndicator.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other BrIndicator.exe related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin