What is CamTray.exe?
CamTray.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Creative Camera Launcher Application process which comes along with the PC-CAM Center Launcher Application Software developed by Creative Technology software developer.
If the CamTray.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes CamTray.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the CamTray.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the CamTray.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is CamTray.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is mentioned below.
File Location / Rating : C:Program Files (x86)CreativeShared Files
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for CamTray.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Creative Technology|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)CreativeShared Files|
|Software||PC-CAM Center Launcher Application|
Over All Ratings for CamTray.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this exe file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is CamTray.exe A Virus or Malware: CamTray.exe .
How to check if CamTray.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether CamTray.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide CamTray.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the CamTray.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall CamTray.exe
To remove CamTray.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall CamTray.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Creative Technology>PC-CAM Center Launcher Application >Creative Camera Launcher Application> CamTray.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the CamTray.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for CamTray.exe or the software name PC-CAM Center Launcher Application in the search bar or try out the developer name Creative Technology.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove CamTray.exe file from your computer. Now the software PC-CAM Center Launcher Application program along with the file CamTray.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop CamTray.exe process?
In order to stop the camtray.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is CamTray.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the CamTray.exe . But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is CamTray.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of CamTray.exe.
Is CamTray.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is CamTray.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the CamTray.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the exe process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of CamTray.exe?
To check CamTray.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the CamTray.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the CamTray.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other CamTray.exe related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin