What is CapabilityManager.exe?
CapabilityManager.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Capability Manager process which comes along with the CapabilityManager Software developed by Teleca Sweden AB software developer.
If the CapabilityManager.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes CapabilityManager.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the CapabilityManager.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the CapabilityManager.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is CapabilityManager.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is mentioned below.
File Location / Rating : C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesTeleca Shared
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for CapabilityManager.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Teleca Sweden AB|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesTeleca Shared|
Over All Ratings for CapabilityManager.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this exe file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is CapabilityManager.exe A Virus or Malware: CapabilityManager.exe .
How to check if CapabilityManager.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether CapabilityManager.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide CapabilityManager.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the CapabilityManager.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall CapabilityManager.exe
To remove CapabilityManager.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall CapabilityManager.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Teleca Sweden AB>CapabilityManager >Capability Manager> CapabilityManager.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the CapabilityManager.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for CapabilityManager.exe or the software name CapabilityManager in the search bar or try out the developer name Teleca Sweden AB.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove CapabilityManager.exe file from your computer. Now the software CapabilityManager program along with the file CapabilityManager.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop CapabilityManager.exe process?
In order to stop the capabilitymanager…. process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is CapabilityManager.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the CapabilityManager.exe . But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is CapabilityManager.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of CapabilityManager.exe.
Is CapabilityManager.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is CapabilityManager.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the CapabilityManager.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the exe process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of CapabilityManager.exe?
To check CapabilityManager.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the CapabilityManager.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the CapabilityManager.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other CapabilityManager.exe related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin