What is dmw.exe?
dmw.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Firefox process which comes along with the Mozilla Software developed by Mozilla software developer.
If the dmw.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes dmw.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the dmw.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through the exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops. I have also faced issues with viruses disguising as exe files in my windows computer.
Now we will check if the dmw.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is dmw.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is mentioned below.
File Location / Rating : C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesComObject
Now look at the Verified Signer value for dmw.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesComObject|
Over All Ratings for dmw.exe
Based on our analysis of whether this dmw file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is dmw.exe A Virus or Malware: dmw.exe .
How to check if dmw.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether dmw.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide dmw.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the dmw.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall dmw.exe
To remove dmw.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall dmw.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Mozilla>Mozilla >Firefox> dmw.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the dmw.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for dmw.exe or the software name Mozilla in the search bar or try out the developer name Mozilla.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove dmw.exe file from your computer. Now the software Mozilla program along with the file dmw.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop dmw.exe process?
In order to stop the dmw.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is dmw.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the dmw.exe . But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is dmw.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of dmw.exe.
Is dmw.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the dmw process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is dmw.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the dmw.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the dmw process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of dmw.exe?
To check dmw.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the dmw.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the dmw.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other dmw.exe related issues.
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin