What is ehrecvr.exe?
ehrecvr.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Media Center Receiver Service process which comes along with the Windows Media Center Receiver Service Software developed by Microsoft Windows Operating System software developer.
If the ehrecvr.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes ehrecvr.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the ehrecvr.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files.I have faced this issue. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the ehrecvr.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is ehrecvr.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is.
File Location / Rating : C:WindowseHome
Now look at the Verified Signer value for ehrecvr.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Microsoft Windows Operating System|
|Software||Windows Media Center Receiver Service|
Over All Ratings for ehrecvr.exe
Based on our analysis of whether this ehrecvr file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is ehrecvr.exe A Virus or Malware: ehrecvr.exe .
How to check if ehrecvr.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether ehrecvr.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide ehrecvr.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the ehrecvr.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall ehrecvr.exe
To remove ehrecvr.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall ehrecvr.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Microsoft Windows Operating System>Windows Media Center Receiver Service >Media Center Receiver Service> ehrecvr.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the ehrecvr.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for ehrecvr.exe or the software name Windows Media Center Receiver Service in the search bar or try out the developer name Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove ehrecvr.exe file from your computer. Now the software Windows Media Center Receiver Service program along with the file ehrecvr.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop ehrecvr.exe process?
In order to stop the ehrecvr.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is ehrecvr.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the ehrecvr.exe . But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is ehrecvr.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of ehrecvr.exe.
Is ehrecvr.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the ehrecvr process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is ehrecvr.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the ehrecvr.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the ehrecvr process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of ehrecvr.exe?
To check ehrecvr.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the ehrecvr.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the ehrecvr.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other ehrecvr.exe related issues.
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin