What is enstart.exe?
enstart.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the EnCase Enterprise Agent process which comes along with the EnCase Enterprise Agent Software developed by Guidance Software software developer.
If the enstart.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes enstart.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the enstart.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files.I have faced this issue. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the enstart.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is enstart.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is.
File Location / Rating : 75% dangerous
Now look at the Verified Signer value for enstart.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Guidance Software|
|File Location||75% dangerous|
|Software||EnCase Enterprise Agent|
Over All Ratings for enstart.exe
Based on our analysis of whether this enstart file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is enstart.exe A Virus or Malware: enstart.exe .
How to check if enstart.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether enstart.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide enstart.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the enstart.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall enstart.exe
To remove enstart.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall enstart.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Guidance Software>EnCase Enterprise Agent >EnCase Enterprise Agent> enstart.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the enstart.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for enstart.exe or the software name EnCase Enterprise Agent in the search bar or try out the developer name Guidance Software.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove enstart.exe file from your computer. Now the software EnCase Enterprise Agent program along with the file enstart.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop enstart.exe process?
In order to stop the enstart.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is enstart.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the enstart.exe . But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is enstart.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of enstart.exe.
Is enstart.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the enstart process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is enstart.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the enstart.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the enstart process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of enstart.exe?
To check enstart.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the enstart.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the enstart.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other enstart.exe related issues.
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin