What is GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe?
GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the GMX MailCheck Dienst process which comes along with the GMX MailCheck für Windows Software developed by 1und1 Mail und Media GmbH software developer.
If the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops. I have experienced issues with exe files which are disguised viruses and malware infecting my computer.
Now we will check if the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is.
File Location / Rating : C:Program Files (x86)GMX MailCheckIE
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||1und1 Mail und Media GmbH|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)GMX MailCheckIE|
|Software||GMX MailCheck für Windows|
Over All Ratings for GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this GMX_MailCheck_Broker file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe A Virus or Malware: GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe Not A Virus.
How to check if GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe
To remove GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>1und1 Mail und Media GmbH>GMX MailCheck für Windows >GMX MailCheck Dienst> GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe or the software name GMX MailCheck für Windows in the search bar or try out the developer name 1und1 Mail und Media GmbH.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe file from your computer. Now the software GMX MailCheck für Windows program along with the file GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe process?
In order to stop the gmx_mailcheck_brok… process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe Not A Virus. But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe.
Is GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the GMX_MailCheck_Broker process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the GMX_MailCheck_Broker process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe?
To check GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other GMX_MailCheck_Broker.exe related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin