What is m3srchmn.exe?
m3srchmn.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the MyWebSearch SearchScope Monitor process which comes along with the My Web Search Bar for Internet Explorer and FireFox Software developed by MyWebSearch.com software developer.
If the m3srchmn.exe process running in the Windows Operating system is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes m3srchmn.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or a virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the m3srchmn.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for Windows Operating Systems like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
TIP: If you are facing System related issues on Windows like registry errors or System files being deleted by viruses or System crashes we recommend downloading Restoro software which scans your Windows PC for any issues and fixes them with a few steps.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the m3srchmn.exe file is a virus or malware. Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is m3srchmn.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is.
File Location / Rating: C:Program Files (x86)MyWebSearchbar2.bin
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now, look at the Verified Signer value for m3srchmn.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)MyWebSearchbar2.bin|
|Software||My Web Search Bar for Internet Explorer and FireFox|
Over All Ratings for m3srchmn.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this m3srchmn file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is m3srchmn.exe A Virus or Malware: m3srchmn.exe is not a Virus or Malware.
How to check if m3srchmn.exe is a security issue?
We also recommend using the Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your Windows computer and can be a security issues. Here is how you can find whether m3srchmn.exe is a security threat using the Security task manager application.
- Download the Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location, company, and product name for each process.
- Now click on the rating column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide m3srchmn.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the m3srchmn.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall m3srchmn.exe
To remove m3srchmn.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall m3srchmn.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>MyWebSearch.com>My Web Search Bar for Internet Explorer and FireFox >MyWebSearch SearchScope Monitor> m3srchmn.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the m3srchmn.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for m3srchmn.exe or the software name My Web Search Bar for Internet Explorer and FireFox in the search bar or try out the developer name MyWebSearch.com.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove m3srchmn.exe file from your computer. Now the software My Web Search Bar for Internet Explorer and FireFox program along with the file m3srchmn.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop m3srchmn.exe process?
In order to stop the m3srchmn.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is m3srchmn.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the m3srchmn.exe is not a Virus or Malware. But a good file might be infected with malware or a virus to disguise itself.
Is m3srchmn.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and clicking on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of m3srchmn.exe.
Is m3srchmn.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and finding the m3srchmn process and checking the CPU usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of m3srchmn.exe?
To check m3srchmn.exe GPU usage. Open the Task Manager window and look for the m3srchmn.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the m3srchmn.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other m3srchmn.exe related issues.
He is the founder of howtodoninja.com and is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how-to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.