What is MsgSys.EXE?
MsgSys.EXE is an executable exe file which belongs to the CBA — Message System process which comes along with the Intel Common Base Agent Software developed by Intel software developer.
I have faced similar issues with unknown exe files running in the background in my windows computer too. Read this tutorial to learn more about MsgSys.EXE and weather to disable it.
If the MsgSys.EXE process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes MsgSys.EXE process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
TIP: If you are facing System related issues on Windows like registry errors or System files being deleted by virus or System crashes we recommend downloading Restoro software which scans your Windows PC for any issues and fixes them with a few steps.
The .exe extension of the MsgSys.EXE file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the MsgSys.EXE file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is MsgSys.EXE safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is mentioned below.
File Location / Rating : 68% dangerous
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for MsgSys.EXE process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|File Location||68% dangerous|
|Software||Intel Common Base Agent|
Over All Ratings for MsgSys.EXE
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this MsgSys file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is MsgSys.EXE A Virus or Malware: MsgSys.EXE is not a Virus or Malware.
How to check if MsgSys.EXE is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether MsgSys.EXE is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide MsgSys.EXE is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the MsgSys.EXE process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall MsgSys.EXE
To remove MsgSys.EXE from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall MsgSys.EXE if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Intel>Intel Common Base Agent >CBA — Message System> MsgSys.EXE_uninstall.exe.
- Or the MsgSys.EXE was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for MsgSys.EXE or the software name Intel Common Base Agent in the search bar or try out the developer name Intel.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove MsgSys.EXE file from your computer. Now the software Intel Common Base Agent program along with the file MsgSys.EXE will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop MsgSys.EXE process?
In order to stop the msgsys.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is MsgSys.EXE a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the MsgSys.EXE is not a Virus or Malware. But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is MsgSys.EXE causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of MsgSys.EXE.
Is MsgSys.EXE causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the MsgSys process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is MsgSys.EXE causing High Network Usage?
If the MsgSys.EXE has a high data usage, you can find it by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the MsgSys process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of MsgSys.EXE?
To check MsgSys.EXE GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the MsgSys.EXE process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the MsgSys.EXE file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other MsgSys.EXE related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin