What is apemap.exe?
apemap.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Windows process ape@map which comes with the software developed by Onyx Technologie OG.
The .exe extension of the apemap file specifies that it is an executable file.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers.
We will check if the apemap file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is apemap.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file is mentioned below.
File Location : C:Program Files (x86)apemap
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for apemap.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Onyx Technologie OG|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)apemap|
|Software||ape at map|
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
How to check if apemap is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether apemap is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide apemap is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the apemap process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall apemap.exe
To remove apemap.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Onyx Technologie OG>ape@map orape at map >apemap_uninstall.exe.
- Or the apemap.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for apemap.exe or the software name ape at map in the search bar or try out the developer name Onyx Technologie OG.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove apemap.exe file from your computer. Now the software ape at map program along with the file apemap.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop apemap process?
In order to stop the apemap.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is apemap a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the apemap might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is apemap causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of apemap.
Is apemap causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether apemap is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the apemap.exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is apemap causing High Network Usage?
If the apemap has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the apemap.exe process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of apemap?
To check whether the apemap is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the apemap process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the apemap.exe file and how to remove it.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other apemap issues.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.