What is PWMEWSVC.exe?
PWMEWSVC.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Cisco EnergyWise Enabler process which comes along with the Power Manager Cisco EnergyWise Enabler Software developed by Lenovo Group software developer.
I have faced similar issues with unknown exe files running in the background in my windows computer too. Read this tutorial to learn more about PWMEWSVC.exe and weather to disable it.
If the PWMEWSVC.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes PWMEWSVC.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
TIP: If you are facing System related issues on Windows like registry errors or System files being deleted by virus or System crashes we recommend downloading Restoro software which scans your Windows PC for any issues and fixes them with a few steps.
The .exe extension of the PWMEWSVC.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the PWMEWSVC.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is PWMEWSVC.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is mentioned below.
File Location / Rating : C:Program Files (x86)ThinkPadUtilities
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for PWMEWSVC.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Lenovo Group|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)ThinkPadUtilities|
|Software||Power Manager Cisco EnergyWise Enabler|
Over All Ratings for PWMEWSVC.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this PWMEWSVC file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is PWMEWSVC.exe A Virus or Malware: PWMEWSVC.exe is not a Virus or Malware.
How to check if PWMEWSVC.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether PWMEWSVC.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide PWMEWSVC.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the PWMEWSVC.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall PWMEWSVC.exe
To remove PWMEWSVC.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall PWMEWSVC.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Lenovo Group>Power Manager Cisco EnergyWise Enabler >Cisco EnergyWise Enabler> PWMEWSVC.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the PWMEWSVC.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for PWMEWSVC.exe or the software name Power Manager Cisco EnergyWise Enabler in the search bar or try out the developer name Lenovo Group.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove PWMEWSVC.exe file from your computer. Now the software Power Manager Cisco EnergyWise Enabler program along with the file PWMEWSVC.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop PWMEWSVC.exe process?
In order to stop the pwmewsvc.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is PWMEWSVC.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the PWMEWSVC.exe is not a Virus or Malware. But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is PWMEWSVC.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of PWMEWSVC.exe.
Is PWMEWSVC.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the PWMEWSVC process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is PWMEWSVC.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the PWMEWSVC.exe has a high data usage, you can find it by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the PWMEWSVC process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of PWMEWSVC.exe?
To check PWMEWSVC.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the PWMEWSVC.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the PWMEWSVC.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other PWMEWSVC.exe related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin.