What is QLBCtrl.exe?
QLBCtrl.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Quick Launch Buttons process which comes along with the QLB Controller Software developed by Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P software developer.
If the QLBCtrl.exe process running in the Windows Operating system is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes QLBCtrl.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or a virus, it might be running in the background without you knowing it.
The .exe extension of the QLBCtrl.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for Windows Operating Systems like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the QLBCtrl.exe file is a virus or malware. Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is QLBCtrl.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is.
File Location / Rating: C:Program Files (x86)Hewlett-PackardHP Quick Launch Buttons
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now, look at the Verified Signer value for QLBCtrl.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)Hewlett-PackardHP Quick Launch Buttons|
Over All Ratings for QLBCtrl.exe : 4/5
Next, check the developer of QLBCtrl.exe. If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis, we have displayed our result of whether this QLBCtrl file is a virus or malware below.
Is QLBCtrl.exe A Virus or Malware: QLBCtrl.exe is not a Virus.
How to check if QLBCtrl.exe is a security issue?
We also recommend using the Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your Windows computer and can be a security issue. Here is how you can find whether QLBCtrl.exe is a security threat using the Security Task Manager application.
- Download the Security Task Manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location, company, and product name for each process.
- Now click on the rating column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide QLBCtrl.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the QLBCtrl.exe process is important or not with this feature. Here is a screenshot of the software running on our windows computer.
How To Remove or Uninstall QLBCtrl.exe
To remove QLBCtrl.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall QLBCtrl.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P>QLB Controller >Quick Launch Buttons> QLBCtrl.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the QLBCtrl.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for QLBCtrl.exe or the software name QLB Controller in the search bar or try out the developer name Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove QLBCtrl.exe file from your computer. Now the software QLB Controller program along with the file QLBCtrl.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop QLBCtrl.exe process?
In order to stop the qlbctrl.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is QLBCtrl.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the QLBCtrl.exe is not a Virus. But a good file might be infected with malware or a virus to disguise itself.
Is QLBCtrl.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and clicking on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of QLBCtrl.exe.
Is QLBCtrl.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and finding the QLBCtrl process and checking the CPU usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of QLBCtrl.exe?
To check QLBCtrl.exe GPU usage. Open the Task Manager window and look for the QLBCtrl.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the QLBCtrl.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you find it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other QLBCtrl.exe related issues.
He is the founder of howtodoninja.com and is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how-to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.