What is RoxMediaDB9.exe?
RoxMediaDB9.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the RoxMediaDB9 Module process which comes along with the Roxio Creator Software developed by Sonic Solutions software developer.
If the RoxMediaDB9.exe process running in the Windows Operating system is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes RoxMediaDB9.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or a virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the RoxMediaDB9.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for Windows Operating Systems like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
TIP: If you are facing System related issues on Windows like registry errors or System files being deleted by viruses or System crashes we recommend downloading Restoro software which scans your Windows PC for any issues and fixes them with a few steps.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the RoxMediaDB9.exe file is a virus or malware. Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is RoxMediaDB9.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is.
File Location / Rating: C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesRoxio Shared9.0SharedCOM
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now, look at the Verified Signer value for RoxMediaDB9.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Sonic Solutions|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesRoxio Shared9.0SharedCOM|
Over All Ratings for RoxMediaDB9.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this RoxMediaDB9 file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is RoxMediaDB9.exe A Virus or Malware: RoxMediaDB9.exe is not a Virus.
How to check if RoxMediaDB9.exe is a security issue?
We also recommend using the Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your Windows computer and can be a security issues. Here is how you can find whether RoxMediaDB9.exe is a security threat using the Security task manager application.
- Download the Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location, company, and product name for each process.
- Now click on the rating column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide RoxMediaDB9.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the RoxMediaDB9.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall RoxMediaDB9.exe
To remove RoxMediaDB9.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall RoxMediaDB9.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Sonic Solutions>Roxio Creator >RoxMediaDB9 Module> RoxMediaDB9.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the RoxMediaDB9.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for RoxMediaDB9.exe or the software name Roxio Creator in the search bar or try out the developer name Sonic Solutions.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove RoxMediaDB9.exe file from your computer. Now the software Roxio Creator program along with the file RoxMediaDB9.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop RoxMediaDB9.exe process?
In order to stop the roxmediadb9.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is RoxMediaDB9.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the RoxMediaDB9.exe is not a Virus. But a good file might be infected with malware or a virus to disguise itself.
Is RoxMediaDB9.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and clicking on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of RoxMediaDB9.exe.
Is RoxMediaDB9.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and finding the RoxMediaDB9 process and checking the CPU usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of RoxMediaDB9.exe?
To check RoxMediaDB9.exe GPU usage. Open the Task Manager window and look for the RoxMediaDB9.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the RoxMediaDB9.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other RoxMediaDB9.exe related issues.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.