What is SearchmeToolbar.exe?
SearchmeToolbar.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the SearchmeToolbar process which comes along with the SearchmeToolbar Software developed by Cloud Software software developer.
If the SearchmeToolbar.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes SearchmeToolbar.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the SearchmeToolbar.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the SearchmeToolbar.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is SearchmeToolbar.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is mentioned below.
File Location / Rating : C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingSearchmeToolbar
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer than one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for SearchmeToolbar.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Cloud Software|
Over All Ratings for SearchmeToolbar.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this SearchmeToolbar file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
How to check if SearchmeToolbar.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether SearchmeToolbar.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide SearchmeToolbar.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the SearchmeToolbar.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall SearchmeToolbar.exe
To remove SearchmeToolbar.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall SearchmeToolbar.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Cloud Software>SearchmeToolbar >SearchmeToolbar> SearchmeToolbar.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the SearchmeToolbar.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for SearchmeToolbar.exe or the software name SearchmeToolbar in the search bar or try out the developer name Cloud Software.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove SearchmeToolbar.exe file from your computer. Now the software SearchmeToolbar program along with the file SearchmeToolbar.exe will be removed from your computer.
SearchmeToolbar.exe Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop SearchmeToolbar.exe process?
In order to stop the searchmetoolbar.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is SearchmeToolbar.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the SearchmeToolbar.exe is a Virus. But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is SearchmeToolbar.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of SearchmeToolbar.exe.
Is SearchmeToolbar.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the SearchmeToolbar process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is SearchmeToolbar.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the SearchmeToolbar.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the SearchmeToolbar process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of SearchmeToolbar.exe?
To check SearchmeToolbar.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the SearchmeToolbar.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the SearchmeToolbar.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other SearchmeToolbar.exe related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin.