What is slinit.exe?
slinit.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the slinit.exe process which comes along with the null Software developed by null software developer.
If the slinit.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes slinit.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the slinit.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the slinit.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is slinit.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is mentioned below.
File Location / Rating : C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsWinLogonUpdater
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer than one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for slinit.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
Over All Ratings for slinit.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this slinit file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
How to check if slinit.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether slinit.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide slinit.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the slinit.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall slinit.exe
To remove slinit.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall slinit.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>null>null >slinit.exe> slinit.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the slinit.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for slinit.exe or the software name null in the search bar or try out the developer name null.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove slinit.exe file from your computer. Now the software null program along with the file slinit.exe will be removed from your computer.
slinit.exe Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop slinit.exe process?
In order to stop the slinit.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is slinit.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the slinit.exe is a Virus. But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is slinit.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of slinit.exe.
Is slinit.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the slinit process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is slinit.exe causing High Network Usage?
If the slinit.exe has High data Usage You can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the slinit process and check the Network Usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of slinit.exe?
To check slinit.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the slinit.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the slinit.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other slinit.exe related issues.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.