Last Updated on
With the recent release of iOS 14 Public Beta, Apple iPhone users can try out the latest release of iOS14 even though they are not developers.
The Public Beta profile is different from the iOS 14 Developer beta. Developer beta was meant for developers but public beta is meant for testing with iPhone users who are not developers as well.
With iOS14 Apple has redesigned the homepage by adding customizable widgets to the home screen. There are also support for Picture in Picture option for videos, Redesigned Siri interface, and much more.
Also learn How to install macOS 11 Big Sur beta version on your mac.
You can download and install the iOS 14 Public Beta to experience the new version of the iPhone Operating system on your iPhone.
Note: Make sure you back up iPhone fully using iTunes because an iOS Public Beta might be a little buggy and you might like to restore to a stable version.
How to Install iOS 14 Public Beta Profile on iPhone
- On your, iPhone Visit the Apple Beta software page here and signup for the beta program. If you are already signup, login to your apple account.
- Then choose the iOS14 profile option and download the iOS14 public beta profile on your iPhone ( Use your Safari browser for easy installation)
- After the public beta file is downloaded click on install, it will start profile installation on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Update option to check for the iOS14 public beta version update.
- Now your iPhone will check for the latest public beta version of iOS and it will start downloading it.
- Now Click on the update now option to install iOS 14 Public Beta.
- Your phone will restart and the latest iOS 14 Public Beta will be installed on your iPhone.
iOS 14 Public Beta Compatible Devices List
Here is the list of iOS devices that are Compatible to run the latest iOS 14 Public Beta version and will also support the iOS14 stable release.
- iPhone 11 & iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation) & iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Also Read : How To Install iPadOS 14 Beta Profile on iPads
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you install iOS 14 Public Beta on your device?
If your iOS device is running the latest version of iOS13 then you can install iOS 14 Public Beta on your device.
Should I download iOS 14 Public Beta?
It depends. If you are a developer and know that beta contains bugs and if you are ok with bugs and problems then you can download iOS 14 beta and install it.
Will iPhone 6s get iOS 14 Public Beta?
Yes, you will get iOS14 on your iPhone 6s as iPhone 6s and newer iPhones are supported. Even the iPhone SE is supported for iOS14.
What devices are compatible with iOS 14 Public Beta?
All iOS devices which run iOS 13 are compatible with the iOS14 Public Beta. So iPhone 6s and iPhone SE and latest devices support iOS14 Public Beta.
I hope you were able to download and install the latest iOS 14 Public Beta on your iPhone. Do comment below if you face any issues.