With the recent release of iPadOS 14 Beta, Apple has updated the iPadOS with better Apple pencil features such as better home screen widget support, scribble to type and better-deleting gestures.
You can download and install the iPadOS 14 Beta profile to experience the latest beta version of the iPad Operating system on your iPad.
Note: Make sure you back up your iPad fully using iTunes because an iOS developer beta may delete or may cause problems accessing your existing files due to bugs. And only install iPadOS 14 developer beta, if you can manage the bugs.
Also read How to install macOS 11 Big Sur beta on a mac.
How to Install iPadOS 14 Beta Profile on iPad
- On your iPad, open the Safari browser and go to this Apple developer profile page if you are a developer to download the iPadOS 14 Beta developer Profile.
- If you are not a developer, you can download the Beta profile from google drive iOS beta profile link here (Click on the three dots to download profile on your iPad, use your Safari browser for easy installation) or use third-party websites like https://developer.konjiki.jp/#profiles or https://betaprofiles.com/
- After the file is downloaded click on install, it will start installation on your iPad.
- Now the iPadOS 14 Profile is installed you can now check for the update on the Settings > Update option.
- Now your iPad will check for the latest beta version of iOS beta available and it will start downloading it.
- After the iPadOS 14 OS is downloaded, click on the update now option to install iPadOS 14. Your iPad will restart and the latest iPadOS 14 will be installed on your iPad.
iPadOS Beta Compatible Devices List
Here is the list of iPads that is Compatible to run the latest iPadOS Beta version.
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (7th generation) (6th generation) (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation) iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you install iPadOS 14 on your device?
If your iOS device is running the latest version of iPadOS 14 then you can install iPadOS 14 beta on your iPad.
Should I download iPadOS 14 beta?
If you are a developer and can deal with bugs and problems, then you can download iPadOS 14 beta and install it.
Will iPad Air 2 get iPadOS 14?
Yes, you will get iPadOS 14 on your iPad Air 2 as iPad Air 2 and iPad Air (3rd generation) are supported in the Air models.
What devices are compatible with iPadOS 14?
All iOS devices which run iPadOS 13 are compatible with iPadOS 14 Operating system.
I hope you were able to update to the latest iPadOS 14 Developer Beta 1 on your iPad. Do comment below if you face any issues.