Sometimes when you wanted to reinstall windows operating system you might need to reinstall chrome and extensions all over again. To reduce downloads we can take a manual backup of the Chrome extensions on your computer or external drive and restore it once you have reinstalled chrome.
Now let’s see how we can do that.
How To Backup Google Chrome Extensions Manually
- Open the Run Command Window by pressing the Windows Win Key + R button together on your keyboard.
- Then copy and paste this %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default on the run command window and press enter.
- Now the folder where the chrome settings and extensions are saved will open.
- Now find the folder named Extensions and copy and make a backup of it in an external hard drive or in another drive.
How To Restore Google Chrome Extensions Manually
- Now when you wanted to restore the Chrome extensions on another computer or in a new chrome install. Open the %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default folder again and paste the backed up Chrome Extension folder.
- Now all your chrome extension will be restored make sure you close the chrome browser before you do the above step. And also restart your computer and chrome once you have done it.
- That’s it you have restored your chrome extensions.
Do let us know in the comments below if you faced any issues while backup and restore of chrome extensions on your computer.