By default, the Epic privacy browser uses the Epic search engine as default which many people might want to change. Epic has a lock on the Default search engine settings option to lock its users to only using its own search engine or Yahoo. We will see how can use google or yahoo as a search engine using some methods.
Let’s learn how you can change those options.
How to Change Default Search Engine in Epic Privacy browser
1. Open the Epic privacy browser on your desktop. When you search on the Epic browser by default it goes to epic.com search.
2. To change the default search engine, go to the setting menu by clicking on the three dots button on the top right corner and click on settings.
3. After that under search engine option, you can see the Search Engine used in the address bar option. Here you can change the search engine between using Epic or Yahoo search engine.
Setup Default Search Engine to Google Search on Epic Browser
If you want to use google search on epic, you will have to search for google.com on epic or yahoo browser or type in google.com every time you want to use google as the search engine.
As there is no option to add Google Search engine to the Omni box, we will use a simple method to access google we ever you launch your epic browser.
Step 1: Launch your epic browser and go to google.com
Step 2: Now click on the three dots settings option and choose the On startup option.
Step 3: And choose the Open a specific page or set of pages option.
Step 4: Click Add a new page or Use current pages if you already opened the google.com URL.
Now, whenever you launch the epic privacy browser it will go to google.com as the new opening window.
Make Home Button your Google Search option in Epic Browser.
You can enable the show home button icon on your epic browser and whenever you click on it, it will go to google.com. Let’s see how.
1. Go to Settings page, under Appearance Settings Enable the “Show Home Button” option.
2. This will show a small Home button icon on the left side of the search bar.
3. Click on the Enter Custom Address bar and enter your preferred search engine URL like https://www.google.com/
4. Now you can click on it to go to Google.com whenever you wanted to search using google.
I hope you liked our article and was helpful. Also, check out our other epic browser tutorials which will be posted soon. Also, let us know in the comments below if you have any other questions.