Sometimes you need to charge a cell phone battery directly by using just a USB cable. This is needed when you don’t have the phone to put the battery into for charging via phone. Having only the battery, there is no option to charge a battery with a phone charger as it uses micro USB or USB C for charging via phone which cannot be used to charge a battery directly.
Let’s learn how we can charge a battery by using wires from a USB cable. This method is useful for charging feature phone batteries which are removable.
How To Charge A Cell Phone Battery Directly with USB Cable
- Take a spare USB cable like your old phone cables, cable from nonworking keyboards or mouse will work as well.
- Now cut the end of the USB cable without the USB plug to see the wires inside the cable.
- There will be four color-coded wires. Now you only need the red and black wires of the USB cable. On older or lower quality cables they might be pink and blue.
- Take the removable battery and connect the copper end of the red wire on the positive terminal of the battery and connect the copper end of the black wire on the negative terminal of the battery.
- Now use a tap carefully to hold the connected wires. Now to charge your battery, connect the USB plug of the wire into a USB port on your computer.
- Now your battery will recharge and remove it after 10 to 15 minutes. Now you can use the charged battery on your phone.
Hope this tutorial will be helpful when your phone is not directly charging your removable battery due to the shortcircuit.
Do let us know in the comments below if you found this tutorial helpful.