One of my DVD writers was not working properly I could read media but cannot identify the CD Drive. This happens mostly on old DVD writers where the laser which reads the drive loses its power. We can adjust the small potentiometers present inside the DVD writer to make it working perfectly again.
Now let’s get started.
How to Fix DVD Writer Not Identifying the CD or DVD Media
- First, make sure you eject the DVD drive tray, and then you have to remove the DVD writer from your computer.
- Remove the screws at the top of the DVD writer with a suitable screwdriver and remove the metal cover.
- Now you will see the circuit board and the wiring inside your DVD writer. Make sure you don’t touch any wiring.
- Now use a screwdriver to remove the front plastic panel of the DVD drive by pressing the plastic release button on the side.
- Now remove the metallic cover fully after removing the front panel.
- Now flip over the drive to the back and you will be able to access the lens assembly.
- And there will be two small potentiometers one for the CD and another for the DVD.
- Now use a suitable screwdriver to turn the potentiometers counterclockwise direction in a small amount until your writer can recognize the disk.
I Hope you were able to identify the issue and fix the problem of DVD or CD being not recognized by your DVD writer.
Do let us know your valuable comments below if you face any issues.
Also don’t forget to share our article if you found this helpful.