When you try to run the Ryzen master utility on your Windows computer, it won’t work and you get this error message “Ryzen Master can only run with Virtualization Based Security (VBS) disabled in the Windows operating system. Please disable VBS and re-start Ryzen Master. Virtualization-Based Security (VBS)!”.
This might be because of SVM and VBS being enabled on your system BIOS settings which support virtualization on your computer. Virtualization settings sometimes create the Ryzen master not launching problems.
How To Fix Ryzen Master VBS error
You can fix this Ryzen Master VBS error by disabling the SVM and VBS (Virtualization Based Security) option on your BIOS. If you don’t use Virtual machines on your computer and only play games then you can safely disable
1. How to Disable SVM & VBS in the UEFI BIOS
1. Restart or shutdown your computer to get to the BIOS screen.
2. When your computer restarts you will have to press the F12 or F20 button based on your Motherboard manufacturer to enter BIOS.
3. Now go to the CPU options on your BIOS settings and under Virtualization disable the SVM (support vector machine) option.
4. Once the SVM is disabled save the BIOS settings and restart your computer.
5. Now since the SVM is disabled, the Virtualization-Based Security (VBS) will be disabled as well.
6. Now you can restart Ryzen Master without getting the disable VBS error.
2. How to fix Ryzen Master VBS issue if you are using Docker
As we have disabled virtualization settings on BIOS we will not be able to use docker. So for users who are using docket in their windows computer can follow the below step to run a patch to make Ryzen Master work without disabling the VBS and SVM options.
- Go to Ryzen master VBS patch Github page here.
- This patch makes the Ryzen master program to run, even when the Hyper-V Virtualization is enabled.
- Download the patch file by clicking on the Green Code download button and choosing the Download Zip option.
- Now the patch will be downloaded in a zip file Ryzen-master-VBS-patch.zip. Extract it to a location of the AMD Ryzen Master.exe file.
- Now run the patch on your computer and the patched version will be created named patched-AMD Ryzen Master.exe.
- Now rename the patched version to AMD Ryzen Master.exe.
- This will fix the Ryzen master VBS error.
Hope you were able to successfully fix the Ryzen Master VBS issue. Do let us know in the comments below if you face any other issues with Ryzen master.