When I was using my windows 10 PC and tried to shut down the computer, I got this weird “cancel all transfers in progress” pop-up message. Being a techie i got to work to fix this issue. Let’s learn why this message occurs and how to fix it.
What is This will cancel all transfers in progress Error message?
“This will cancel all transfers in progress. Are you sure you want to cancel all transfers” message box popped up on the screen? At first, I thought it might be malware, as I was not copying any content to my drive at that time. This problem is faced by many other Windows 10 Users as well.
This Cancel all transfers error is related to the Virtual RAM that windows uses when the physical RAM memory is full on your computer. So when you shutdown your computer this error might occur as a result if there is some problem.
Fix This will cancel all transfers in progress Error
Follow the below 4 methods to fix this issue.
- Restart your Windows system.
- Check Recycle Bin settings.
- Increase System Ram to Recommended amount.
- Change to SSD.
Fix Recycle Bin Settings
- Find the Recycle bin icon on your computer. It will be present either on Desktop or on My Computer Quick Access Menu.
- Now Right click on the Recycle Bin and Choose the properties option.
- Now make sure you select the Checkbox “Display delete confirmation dialog”
- If you uncheck it, the Confirmation message to delete all files in recycle bin won’t show up when you empty the recycle bin.
- Then click on the Apply Button and Ok button.
This fixes any issues with deleting of files in the recycle bin.
Permanently Stop “This will cancel all transfers in progress” Message.
Just click on cancel option for now to stop the message. To prevent it from further occurring in the future, follow the below steps one by one.
- Upgrade your System Ram to 8GB instead of using Virtual Memory, which seems to be the problem that shows this error message.
- So increasing the system ram to 8GB recommended for Windows 10 operating system might solve this issue.
- You can also consider upgrading your Hard drive to a SSD as well if you plan to use Virtual ram because Virtual ram on SSD will be faster than HDD.
Hope you were able to fix this Cancel All Transfers in progress issue on your Windows Computer.
Also, let us know in the comments below if you face any issues.