Latest Update Nov 2022: Twitter is UP without any issues.
Update April 19 2021: Twitter seems to be still facing some downtime issues as per their Twitter Support. Some parts of Twitter are not still working and twitter is working hard to fix it. You can try the below methods to troubleshoot issues related to your device and twitter.
UPDATE: 11Th FEB 2022 – It seems to be an Error related to API of twitter as per their server status page.
Identified – We’re experiencing an elevated level of API errors starting around 17:41 UTC and are currently investigating. The presence and scope of any customer impact has not been determined at this time, but we will provide an update as soon as we know more.
Tweets may not be loading for some of you. We’re working on fixing a problem and you’ll be back on the timeline soon.— Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) April 17, 2021
Sometimes when you are browsing through twitter, you may get an error message “Oops Something Went Wrong Please Try again” or you will see an error like “Twitter something went wrong but don’t fret — let’s give it another shot” or an error like “twitter something went wrong try reloading”. Here is how the error will look like when you are trying to post a new Tweet.
Or depending on the operating system you might also get a message like below.
On Android Operating System, you might get the message Twitter hmm something went wrong or “Something went wrong but don’t fret – let’s give in another shot” on your Twitter android app.
For iOS ( iPhone or iPad users ) you might see an error like “hmm something went wrong” on the iOS Twitter app.
Why Twitter Something Went Wrong Error Occurs?
This problem started happening when Twitter released its new UI for the public.
This might happen due to various reasons that are mentioned below.
- Your internet connection is not working. This will show a message like “Something went wrong, Check your connection and try again” on Twitter.
- Your Mobile network speed is too slow.
- Twitter is having some problems with connecting to your computer.
In order to fix this twitter error, we can also try to reset the network settings.
How To Fix Twitter Something Went Wrong, Try Again Error
To fix this Twitter Don’t fret Something Went Wrong error, do the following steps one by one.
- Check whether your internet connection is working or if the twitter server is offline.
- Check whether your Wi-Fi is connected properly and working.
- Check whether there is a problem with some extensions of your browser.
- Clear Cookies on your browser.
1. Check The Twitter Server Status
If it is a widespread issue with Twitter, then you can check the status of the twitter api service here https://api.twitterstat.us/. If there is any downtime of the API service, then you will be seeing the Twitter Something Went Wrong error. After the downtime is fixed, twitter will start working again.
Today twitter is having an issue related to “connection and data volume delivery inconsistency” error. You can click on the Subscribe to Updates button and enter your email address to stay updated. If you click on the Status message, you will go to a detailed page with the issues related to the twitter downtime here https://api.twitterstat.us/incidents/fwjp036br288
2. Clearing Cookies for Twitter to fix Something Went Wrong issue
- If you are using Chrome browser, Click on the Lock button on the left side of the website URL in the address bar, then choose the Cookies option and choose the Twitter folder and click the Remove option.
- Now the cookies for Twitter will be removed. Then you can try again to access twitter and see whether the issue if fixed.
If you are still facing issue, then continue with the next step.
3. Clear Browser Data to Fix Twitter issues
Now Click on the Shift key and click on the refresh button on the top left of your Address bar in the chrome browser.
This will reload Twitter without using your Browser cache data.
Clear Data on Mozilla Firefox:
If you can using Firefox, this can be done with Ctrl + F5 option to hard refresh twitter while clearing browser caching of files and data.
Clear Browsing Data on Google Chrome:
- Click on … on the top right and click on Settings and choose the Clear Browsing Data option under the Privacy and Security option.
- And make sure to select Cookies and Cached images and files option and Clear data for All Time in the Time Range settings.
- Now click on the Clear Data button.
- You can also try clearing browsing history.
4. Hard refresh of Twitter Website
Hard refresh clears the cache or twitter and loads it freshly again. So it might be able to fix any issues with your browser cache.
5. Clear Twitter App Cache
If you are using twitter app on your iPhone or Android phone, then you should clear your twitter app cache. To do this, open the Settings app on your mobile. Choose the Apps and select the twitter app. Now clear the cache of that app.
6. Try using a VPN
If all the above methods still doesn’t fix the twitter issue. Then try a VPN and access it from another location. You can use a free VPN on your mobile or desktop to check whether it’s a problem related to your location.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to fix twitter something went wrong, try again blocked error?
To fix this twitter error, follow the mentioned solutions one by one and see which works for you.
Why this twitter error happens?
It is most likely an issue either with the twitter server or an issue on your browser cache.
Does Something went wrong on Twitter mean you’re blocked?
No, it doesn’t mean you are being blocked from using twitter. This Something went wrong error is related to twitter having issues with your browser settings or with their own servers.
Hope our tutorial was helpful in solving your twitter Something went wrong issue, try again issue. Also, don’t forget to leave your comments below if you are still facing the twitter issue.