Phone: Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime
Uninstall Opera Browser on Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime in MIUIHere’s how you can do it.
Method 1: Uninstall Opera on Redmi 2 Prime Using ADB (Android Debug Bridge)Install ADB Drivers: On your PC, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools, which includes ADB.
- Go to this Download link: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
- Click on the Download SDK platform link for your windows or mac. Open it and install it on your computer.
- Settings > About phone > Tap on “MIUI version” 7 times to enable Developer Options.
- Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
adb uninstall com.opera.browserConfirm Uninstallation: On your phone, you will see a prompt to confirm the uninstallation. Confirm it.
Method 2: Uninstall Opera on Redmi 2 Prime Using Third-Party Uninstaller Apps
There are various third-party uninstaller apps available on the Google Play Store that might be able to uninstall system apps. You can try apps like “Package Disabler Pro” or “System App Remover.” Keep in mind that using third-party apps might require root access and can be risky. Use them with caution and make sure to read user reviews and guides before proceeding. Please note that these methods might require some technical knowledge, and there’s always a risk associated with uninstalling system apps. Be careful when using ADB and third-party apps to avoid damaging your device’s system. Always create a backup of your important data before attempting any major changes Also, read the other Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime tutorials.
Method 3: Uninstall Opera on Redmi 2 Prime Using PC and MIUI ROM Flashing (Advanced Method)
This method involves flashing a custom MIUI ROM that doesn’t include Opera Browser. Please note that this is an advanced method and can void your warranty or cause issues if not done correctly. Make sure to research thoroughly and follow guides specific to your device model.
- Backup Your Data: Before proceeding, back up all your important data as flashing a ROM can result in data loss.
- Unlock Bootloader (if needed): If your device’s bootloader is locked, you’ll need to unlock it. This varies by device, so you’ll need to find instructions for your specific model.
- Download MIUI ROM: Download a MIUI custom ROM that doesn’t include Opera Browser. You can find such ROMs on forums like XDA Developers.
- Flash the ROM: Follow the instructions provided by the ROM developer to flash the custom ROM onto your device using tools like Fastboot or custom recovery (TWRP).
- Reboot and Set Up: After flashing the ROM, reboot your device and follow the setup process. The Opera Browser should be removed if it’s not included in the custom ROM.
Method 4: Contact Xiaomi Support
If the above methods seem doesn’t work complex or risky, consider reaching out to Xiaomi support for assistance. They might provide guidance or a solution specific to your device and software version. Always proceed with caution when making significant changes to your device’s software. It’s a good practice to research thoroughly, back up your data, and follow reputable guides or seek professional help when needed. You might like to read other Redmi 2 Prime tutorials here.
He is the founder of howtodoninja.com and is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how-to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.