Using VLC dark mode can be useful when you are using dark theme at night. Both the Windows 10 and macOS operating systems have native night mode (also known as dark theme) support throughout the system. So if you like to use the dark mode throughout your system,then you can also enable dark mode on your favorite video player, VLC Media Player as well. Here’s how you can do that.
VLC media player doesn’t come with dark skin or a dark theme out of the box. We have to download a VLC Dark theme and activate it. Let’s learn how to enable the VLC dark mode that on your Windows 10 desktop, macOS, Android, and iOS operations systems.
How To Enable VLC Dark Mode in VLC Media Player
Follow the below methods to enable the Dark Mode Skin on VLC Android App or on Windows or mac Computer.
How To Turn on VLC Dark Mode in VLC Android App
1. Open the VLC media player android app on your smartphone.
2. Click on the Menu icon on the top left corner on the VLC android app and choose the settings option as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Now Click on the interface option under Extra Settings.
4. Then Click on the DayNight Mode option.
5. Now you can choose between 4 interface options such as
Follow System mode, DayNight mode, Light Theme and Black theme.
6. Choose the Black Theme option to enable dark mode on your VLC android app. You can also set to Follow System mode, which will change theme automatically based on the system light or dark mode settings of the android system.
How To Enable VLC Dark Mode on VLC Desktop
To enable Dark Mode on VLC media player desktop application on Windows 7, Windows 10 or macOS devices follow the below steps.
- Launch the VLC application on your desktop.
- Now download the dark skin from VLC website.
- Learn in detail how to change VLC Player Skin to a custom skin from VLC skin library.
- Now choose a dark skin as there are no settings to enable Dark mode in desktop.
- After changing the VLC skin to a darker themed VLC skin, you can get a dark mode look to your VLC Media player in your Desktop computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the appearance of VLC player?
You can change the appearance of VLC Player by using a VLC skin or by turning on the dark mode settings on your VLC android or iOS App.
How do I turn on dark mode in VLC?
To turn on dark mode go to the interface options in the Settings page of your VLC app and turn on the Black theme or Dark Night mode.
Is there a dark mode in VLC?
Yes, there is a dark mode skin on VLC media player which you can install to enable dark mode.
I hope you liked our tutorial, and you were able to enable the dark mode settings on VLC Media Player.
Also, don’t forget to share this article and leave your valuable comments below and check out other VLC articles below.