Last Updated on October 5, 2020
Amazon prime video supports playback of 4k Video on supported devices. There are many 4K supported TV series and movies to watch on your 4k Supported TV using amazon prime video.
Here is a list of 4K supported devices for Amazon Prime Video
- Amazon Fire TV 2nd Generation, Amazon Fire TV 4K Stick, and 4k FireTV Setup Boxes
- Apple TV 4K
- Roku 4 setup box, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere +, Roku Ultra devices
- Samsung Ultra HD TVs (2014 or later models)
- Sony Ultra HD TVs (2014 or later models)
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium mobile device
- LG Ultra HD TVs
- Vizio Ultra HD TVs
- Xbox One S
How To Play 4K Videos on Amazon Prime Video
- To play 4k Videos on Prime Video, you need to have 4k supported devices like the ones mentioned above.
- Then select the 4k Movie or TV series you wanted to play on the Amazon Prime Video App.
- Then select the Video playback settings and choose the highest quality setting available in order to play the video in 4k format.
- That’s it your video will start playing in 4k resolution which is 3840 x 2160 pixels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you play 4k videos on Amazon Prime Video on Desktop or Laptops?
No, as of right now you cannot play 4K movies or TV shows on your desktop or laptop even though you have a 4K monitor because of copyright restrictions for those devices. The highest streaming option is Full HD.
Do you need to buy a 4K Plan to watch 4k videos on Prime Video
No, with Amazon Prime Video you don’t need to buy or upgrade to a higher plan to get the benefits of playing 4k movies or TV shows on your 4k Supported Devices, unlike Netflix which requires a 4K plan subscription in order to watch 4k Videos.
I hope you were able to play 4k videos on Amazon prime. Do let us know in the comments below if you face any issues when playing 4k Videos on your Prime Video TV app or phone app.