Doing a software or system update on your Apple iPhone 6s Plus is required to keep the phone secure and functioning smoothly. A software update provides the latest security patches and bug fixes for your Apple iPhone device. Also, recent Apple iPhone 6s Plus Software versions run better than previous versions due to optimizations.
On recent Apple iPhones, the iOS 13 runs better than the older iOS 12 versions. Apple’s new iOS14 update will come along with the release of the iPhone 12 series in October 2020. iOS14 is available for Public Testing now in both Public Beta and Developer beta profiles.
Let’s learn how to get the Apple iPhone 6s Plus new update file and install it.
How To Update to iOS14 On iPhone 6s Plus
1. To update your Apple iOS to the latest version on your Apple iPhone 6s Plus, unlock your iPhone using Touch ID or Face ID.
2. Now find and open the Settings App on your iPhone.
3. Then select the Software Update option. Or Search for Software Update on top of the Settings App Search Bar.
4. Then Click on Check Now for Updates option to check and download the latest Apple iOS software using your mobile or Wifi data on Apple iPhone 6s Plus.
5. If an Apple iOS software update is available on Apple iPhone 6s Plus, you will be prompted to “Download and install” the latest update or schedule it.
6. Now click on the Download and Install button to start the update process. After downloading, your Apple iPhone 6s Plus device will restart and the update will be completed.
Now your Apple iPhone will be updated to the latest software with recent changes and security patches.
Software and firmware updates on your Apple iPhone 6s Plus makes your device run smoother without any issues as device makers release updates that fix bugs and issues in the previous version. Also, camera performance might also improve in some iOS software updates.
Apple iPhone 6s Plus Frequently Asked Questions:
How do i update my Apple iPhone 6s Plus software?
If your Apple iPhone 6s Plus device has a software update, then you can update it using our tutorial. You can go to Settings and Choose the Software Update and check for updates.
How to fix Software update problem on Apple iPhone 6s Plus?
- To fix the software update problem try a soft restart of your Apple iPhone 6s Plus.
- Try using iTunes to do an iPhone Restore or update to the latest iOS update.
- Try restarting your iPhone 6s Plus and try the iOS software update again.
How to update to iOS 14 beta on Apple iPhone 6s Plus?
Once Beta is introduced On your Apple iPhone 6s Plus device, in order to update to iOS 14 Developer Beta or Public beta, register as a tester or developer on the Apple Developer Beta website, and then once the beta version is available, you can download it on your device.
How to update to iOS14 on Apple iPhone 6s Plus?
When iOS14 is released widely to the public, to get iOS14 on your Apple iPhone 6s Plus you can check the software update section on your Settings app to update to the latest iOS14 version.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any other issues while updating Apple iPhone 6s Plus.
Also, read our other tutorials for Apple iPhone 6s Plus here on our website.