Doing a software or system update on your Apple Watch Edition Series 5 is required to keep the phone secure and functioning smoothly. A software update provides the latest security patches and bug fixes for your Apple Watch device. Also, recent Apple Watch Edition Series 5 Software versions run better than previous versions due to optimizations.
On the recent Apple Watch models, WatchOS 13 runs better than the older WatchOS versions. Apple’s new WatchOS14 updates will come along with the release of the iPhone 12 series in October 2020. Watch OS is available for Public Testing now in both Public Beta and Developer beta profiles.
Let’s learn how to get the Apple Watch Edition Series 5 new update file and install it.
How To Update Software to WatchOS 14 On Watch Edition Series 5
1. To update your Apple WatchOS to the latest version on your Apple Watch Edition Series 5, unlock your Apple Watch using Touch ID or Face ID.
2. Now find and open the Settings App on your Watch Edition Series 5.
3. Then select the Software Update option. Or Search for Software Update on top of the Settings App Search Bar.
4. Then Click on Check Now for Updates option to check and download the latest Apple WatchOS software using your mobile or Wifi data on Apple Watch Edition Series 5.
5. If an Apple WatchOS software update is available on Apple Watch Edition Series 5, you will be prompted to “Download and install” the latest update or schedule it.
6. Now click on the Download and Install button to start the update process. After downloading, your Apple Watch Edition Series 5 device will restart and the update will be completed.
Now your Apple Watch will be updated to the latest software with recent changes and security patches.
Software and firmware updates on your Apple Watch Edition Series 5 makes your device run smoother without any issues as device makers release updates that fix bugs and issues in the previous version. Also, camera performance might also improve in some WatchOS software updates.
Apple Watch Edition Series 5 Frequently Asked Questions:
How do i update my Apple Watch Edition Series 5 software?
If your Apple Watch Edition Series 5 device has a software update, then you can update it using our tutorial. You can go to Settings and Choose the Software Update and check for updates.
How to fix Software update problem on Apple Watch Edition Series 5?
- To fix the software update problem try a soft restart of your Apple Watch Edition Series 5.
- Try using iTunes to do an Apple Watch Backup Restore or update to the latest WatchOS update.
- Try restarting your Watch Edition Series 5 and try the Apple Watch software update again.
How to update to WatchOS 14 beta on Apple Watch Edition Series 5?
Once Beta is introduced On your Apple Watch Edition Series 5 device, in order to update to WatchOS 14 Developer Beta or Public beta, register as a tester or developer on the Apple Developer Beta website, and then once the beta version is available, you can download it on your device.
How to update to WatchOS14 on Apple Watch Edition Series 5?
When WatchOS 14 is released widely to the public, to get WatchOS 14 public beta or developer beta on your Apple Watch Edition Series 5 you can check the software update section on your Settings app to update to the latest WatchOS 14 version.
Also, let us know in the comments section below if you face any other issues while updating Apple Watch Edition Series 5.
Also, read our other tutorials for Apple Watch Edition Series 5 here on our website.