What is AcroRd32Info.exe?
AcroRd32Info.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Windows process Adobe Reader which comes with the software developed by Adobe Systems.
The .exe extension of the AcroRd32Info file specifies that it is an executable file.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers.
We will check if the AcroRd32Info file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is AcroRd32Info.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file is mentioned below.
File Location : C:Program Files (x86)AdobeReader 9.0Reader
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for AcroRd32Info.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Adobe Systems|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)AdobeReader 9.0Reader|
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
How to check if AcroRd32Info is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether AcroRd32Info is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide AcroRd32Info is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the AcroRd32Info process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall AcroRd32Info.exe
To remove AcroRd32Info.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Adobe Systems>Adobe Reader orAdobe Reader >AcroRd32Info_uninstall.exe.
- Or the AcroRd32Info.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for AcroRd32Info.exe or the software name Adobe Reader in the search bar or try out the developer name Adobe Systems.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove AcroRd32Info.exe file from your computer. Now the software Adobe Reader program along with the file AcroRd32Info.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop AcroRd32Info process?
In order to stop the acrord32info.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is AcroRd32Info a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the AcroRd32Info might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is AcroRd32Info causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of AcroRd32Info.
Is AcroRd32Info causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether AcroRd32Info is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the AcroRd32Info.exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is AcroRd32Info causing High Network Usage?
If the AcroRd32Info has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the AcroRd32Info.exe process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of AcroRd32Info?
To check whether the AcroRd32Info is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the AcroRd32Info process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the AcroRd32Info.exe file and how to remove it.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other AcroRd32Info issues.
Gowtham V, the founder of howtodoninja.com is an experienced tech writer and a cybersecurity enthusiast with a passion for exploring the latest technological advancements. He has 10 years of experience in writing comprehensive how to guides, tutorials, and reviews on software, hardware, and internet services. With an interest in computer security, he strives to educate users by writing content on how to use technology, and how to also protect their smart devices and personal data from cyber threats. He currently uses a Windows computer, and a Macbook Pro, and tests hundreds of Android phones for writing his reviews and guides.