What is aestsrv.exe?
aestsrv.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Windows process Andrea filters APO access service which comes with the software developed by Andrea Electronics.
The .exe extension of the aestsrv file specifies that it is an executable file.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers.
We will check if the aestsrv file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is aestsrv.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file is mentioned below.
File Location : C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepositorystwrt.inf_x86_neutral_9691412ff1876250
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for aestsrv.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||Andrea Electronics|
|Software||APO Access Service|
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
How to check if aestsrv is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether aestsrv is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide aestsrv is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the aestsrv process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall aestsrv.exe
To remove aestsrv.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Andrea Electronics>Andrea filters APO access service orAPO Access Service >aestsrv_uninstall.exe.
- Or the aestsrv.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for aestsrv.exe or the software name APO Access Service in the search bar or try out the developer name Andrea Electronics.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove aestsrv.exe file from your computer. Now the software APO Access Service program along with the file aestsrv.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop aestsrv process?
In order to stop the aestsrv.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is aestsrv a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the aestsrv might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is aestsrv causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of aestsrv.
Is aestsrv causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether aestsrv is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the aestsrv.exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is aestsrv causing High Network Usage?
If the aestsrv has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the aestsrv.exe process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of aestsrv?
To check whether the aestsrv is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the aestsrv process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the aestsrv.exe file and how to remove it.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other aestsrv issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin