What is ASUSWSAgent.exe?
ASUSWSAgent.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Windows process ASUSWSAgent which comes with the software developed by ASUSTeK Computer.
The .exe extension of the ASUSWSAgent file specifies that it is an executable file.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers.
We will check if the ASUSWSAgent file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is ASUSWSAgent.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file is mentioned below.
File Location : C:Program Files (x86)ASUSHomeCloudMedia StreamerASUS Media Streamer
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for ASUSWSAgent.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software Developer||ASUSTeK Computer|
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)ASUSHomeCloudMedia StreamerASUS Media Streamer|
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
How to check if ASUSWSAgent is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether ASUSWSAgent is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide ASUSWSAgent is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the ASUSWSAgent process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall ASUSWSAgent.exe
To remove ASUSWSAgent.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>ASUSTeK Computer>ASUSWSAgent orMedia Streamer >ASUSWSAgent_uninstall.exe.
- Or the ASUSWSAgent.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for ASUSWSAgent.exe or the software name Media Streamer in the search bar or try out the developer name ASUSTeK Computer.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove ASUSWSAgent.exe file from your computer. Now the software Media Streamer program along with the file ASUSWSAgent.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop ASUSWSAgent process?
In order to stop the asuswsagent.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is ASUSWSAgent a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the ASUSWSAgent might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is ASUSWSAgent causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of ASUSWSAgent.
Is ASUSWSAgent causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether ASUSWSAgent is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the ASUSWSAgent.exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is ASUSWSAgent causing High Network Usage?
If the ASUSWSAgent has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the ASUSWSAgent.exe process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of ASUSWSAgent?
To check whether the ASUSWSAgent is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the ASUSWSAgent process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the ASUSWSAgent.exe file and how to remove it.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other ASUSWSAgent issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin