What is ASUSGPUFanService.exe?
ASUSGPUFanService.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Windows process fan control which comes with the software developed by ASUSTek.
The .exe extension of the ASUSGPUFanService file specifies that it is an executable file.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers.
We will check if the ASUSGPUFanService file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is ASUSGPUFanService.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file is mentioned below.
File Location : C:Program Files (x86)ASUSGPU TweakII
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for ASUSGPUFanService.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|File Location||C:Program Files (x86)ASUSGPU TweakII|
|Software||ASUS VGA Fan Control|
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
How to check if ASUSGPUFanService is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether ASUSGPUFanService is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide ASUSGPUFanService is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the ASUSGPUFanService process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall ASUSGPUFanService.exe
To remove ASUSGPUFanService.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>ASUSTek>fan control orASUS VGA Fan Control >ASUSGPUFanService_uninstall.exe.
- Or the ASUSGPUFanService.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for ASUSGPUFanService.exe or the software name ASUS VGA Fan Control in the search bar or try out the developer name ASUSTek.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove ASUSGPUFanService.exe file from your computer. Now the software ASUS VGA Fan Control program along with the file ASUSGPUFanService.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop ASUSGPUFanService process?
In order to stop the asusgpufanservice…. process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is ASUSGPUFanService a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the ASUSGPUFanService might be a virus or malware because even a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself. So follow our tutorial above to check it.
Is ASUSGPUFanService causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application ( Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of ASUSGPUFanService.
Is ASUSGPUFanService causing High CPU Usage?
You can find whether ASUSGPUFanService is using Full CPU by opening the Task Manager application. Now find the ASUSGPUFanService.exe process and check the CPU usage percentage.
Is ASUSGPUFanService causing High Network Usage?
If the ASUSGPUFanService has High data Usage, you can find this by opening the Task Manager windows app and find the ASUSGPUFanService.exe process and check the Network Usage column percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of ASUSGPUFanService?
To check whether the ASUSGPUFanService is causing high GPU usage, open the Task Manager window and look for the ASUSGPUFanService process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the ASUSGPUFanService.exe file and how to remove it.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other ASUSGPUFanService issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also
follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin