What is unzip.exe?
unzip.exe is an executable exe file which belongs to the Info-ZIP’s UnZip for Win32 console process which comes along with the Info-ZIP’s UnZip for Windows Software developed by Info-ZIP software developer.
If the unzip.exe process in Windows 10 is important, then you should be careful while deleting it. Sometimes unzip.exe process might be using CPU or GPU too much. If it is malware or virus, it might be running in the background.
The .exe extension of the unzip.exe file specifies that it is an executable file for the Windows Operating System like Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
TIP: If you are facing System related issues on Windows like registry errors or System files being deleted by virus or System crashes we recommend downloading Restoro software which scans your Windows PC for any issues and fixes them with a few steps.
Malware and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. So we must be sure before running any unknown executable file on our computers or laptops.
Now we will check if the unzip.exe file is a virus or malware? Whether it should be deleted to keep your computer safe? Read more below.
Is unzip.exe safe to run? Is it a virus or malware?
Let’s check the location of this exe file to determine whether this is a legit software or a virus. The location of this file and dangerous rating is.
File Location / Rating: C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalTempmia1
To check whether the exe file is legit you can start the Task Manager. Then click on the columns field and add Verified Signer as one of the columns.
Now look at the Verified Signer value for unzip.exe process if it says “Unable to verify” then the file may be a virus.
|Software||Info-ZIP’s UnZip for Windows|
Over All Ratings for unzip.exe
If the developer of the software is legitimate, then it is not a virus or malware. If the developer is not listed or seems suspicious, you can remove it using the uninstall program.
Based on our analysis of whether this unzip file is a virus or malware we have displayed our result below.
Is unzip.exe A Virus or Malware: unzip.exe is not a Virus or Malware.
How to check if unzip.exe is a security issue ?
We also recommend using Security task manager application to find which processes are unwanted in your windows computer and can be security issue. Here is how you can find whether unzip.exe is a security threat using Security task manager application.
- Download Security task manager application and install it on your computer.
- Run it as administrator. It will now show all the applications that are running on your computer.
- Now it will show the Rating, file location , company and product name for each process.
- Now click on the Ratings column to sort based on ratings.
- You will now see which process has the worst rating easily so can decide unzip.exe is given a bad rating or not easily.
- You will also find whether the unzip.exe process is important or not with this feature.
How To Remove or Uninstall unzip.exe
To remove unzip.exe from your computer do the following steps one by one. This will uninstall unzip.exe if it was part of the software installed on your computer.
- If the file is a part of a software program, then it will also have an uninstall program. Then you can run the Uninstaller located at directory like C:Program Files>Info-ZIP>Info-ZIP’s UnZip for Windows >Info-ZIP’s UnZip for Win32 console> unzip.exe_uninstall.exe.
- Or the unzip.exe was installed using the Windows Installer then to uninstall it Go to System Settings and open Add Or Remove Programs Option.
- Then Search for unzip.exe or the software name Info-ZIP’s UnZip for Windows in the search bar or try out the developer name Info-ZIP.
- Then click on it and select the Uninstall Program option to remove unzip.exe file from your computer. Now the software Info-ZIP’s UnZip for Windows program along with the file unzip.exe will be removed from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do i stop unzip.exe process?
In order to stop the unzip.exe process from running you either have to uninstall the program associated with the file or if it’s a virus or malware, remove it using a Malware and Virus removal tool.
Is unzip.exe a Virus or Malware?
As per the information we have the unzip.exe is not a Virus or Malware. But a good file might be infected with malware or virus to disguise itself.
Is unzip.exe causing High Disk Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application (Right-click on Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager) and click on the Disk option at the top to sort and find out the disk usage of unzip.exe.
Is unzip.exe causing High CPU Usage?
You can find this by opening the Task Manager application and find the unzip process and check the CPU usage percentage.
How to check GPU Usage of unzip.exe?
To check unzip.exe GPU usage. Open Task Manager window and look for the unzip.exe process in the name column and check the GPU usage column.
I hope you were able to learn more about the unzip.exe file and how to remove it. Also, share this article on social media if you found it helpful.
Let us know in the comments below if you face any other unzip.exe related issues.
Gowtham V is a tech blogger and founder of HowToDoNinja.com who is an expert in Technology & Software and writes awesome How-To Tutorials to help people online. He has 5 years of experience in creating websites and writing content. He uses a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone. Check out more about our website and our writers on our About US page. Also follow me on Twitter page and Linkedin.