This error usually occurs when there is a mismatch between the Graphics settings and the AMD driver version that is installed by you on your computer. For example, if you have installed the latest AMD Radeon Adrenalin Driver to an old Radeon settings software this error might occur when you are using an AMD graphic card on your PC or laptop.
The recent AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Graphics Driver versions also cause this issue if installed improperly along with an older AMD Radeon graphics driver.
There are many ways to fix this “AMD Graphics And Driver Version Do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest versions” error. Let’s learn how to fix this AMD driver mismatch error that you have encountered.
- Make sure you update your Windows 10 or Windows 7 to the latest version before doing the following changes.
- Edit Registry Settings: You have to edit the value in the registry settings.
- Remove Old AMD Graphics Driver: Yes when you install the latest version the old version is not deleted. So you can try removing any old AMD Graphic drivers that might be installed using the AMD Utility Removal Tool before trying to edit the registry values.
In order to fix this AMD Graphic Driver issue using Registry Edit, follow the below steps one by one. After following our steps accurately the Graphic settings don’t match the issue will be fixed easily.
Update to the latest AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition
Make sure you have Latest Driver from AMD is Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 which you can download from here to get the latest updated version.
How To Fix AMD Radeon Graphics Settings and Driver Version Do not match
- First, go to windows Run the command by typing run on the windows search bar and select run. Or use the shortcut key Windows Key + R command to start the run window
- Then type in Regedit in the run app and click on OK.
- Now the registry editor will ask for permission to open. Click yes.
- The Registry editor window will now open. Now select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option and choose the Software folder
- Now inside the SOFTWARE folder select the “AMD” folder and then “CN “
- Under the CN directory, there will be a file named ” DriverVersion”
- Right Click on the Driver Version File and choose the modify option.
- It will show a Valuedata. Delete the Value data and leave it empty and click OK.
- Now you might need to restart your system sometimes. But mostly after doing the registry edit, you can install the latest AMD driver version which you can download from the AMD driver website.
- Now there won’t be any doesn’t match error and you will be able to play games with your AMD GPU.
Fix AMD Driver Mismatch by Matching the AMD Graphics driver values
You can also match the driver values instead of Uninstalling and reinstalling a new driver.
Follow the above steps from 1 to 6 and follow the below steps.
- Edit the driver version file and replace it with the version you get from your driver which is installed.
- This will match the AMD Graphics driver version in the registry with the driver version of your already installed AMD graphic driver.
- In order to get the version of the driver which is installed open the run command and type DxDiag.exe and press enter.
- Now the DirectX Diagnostic Window will open. Go to the Render tab at the top and you can get the driver version from the right side for your AMD GPU.
- Copy the version number and replace it inside the Driver version file on the registry editor.
- Now your AMD Graphics driver versions will match and the error will be fixed.
Fix AMD Driver Version Don’t Match by Removing Old AMD drivers
- To fix the AMD Radeon driver mismatch issue, use the AMD uninstall utility to remove all old drivers install. This will uninstall all the AMD drivers even the CPU AMD chipset driver if you are using AMD. Don’t worry you can install those again without any issue of using your computer.
- Click the below link to download and run it as an administrator.
- Download here: AMD Cleanup Utility Download 64 bit Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10
- Your system will restart after the process.
- Now reinstall the latest AMD Radeon graphics drivers ( Get the latest AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition version here https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software ) and check whether the AMD Radeon Graphics Settings and Driver Version do not match issue is fixed.
Frequently Asked Questions :
How to match Radeon settings and drivers?
You have to uninstall old Radeon drivers and reinstall the latest version from the AMD website. Or you can edit the Registry to edit the version number and match it with your current driver number.
AMD Radeon settings not opening?
Sometimes you cannot open AMD radeon settings if the driver version inside the Windows registry doesn’t match to the driver that you have installed. Or it might be a bug.
Fix Radeon settings lite detected an old version?
This means you have to remove Radeon Settings Lite Version and reinstall the latest version from the AMD website.
How do I change my AMD Radeon settings?
After installing the Radeon driver. You can right click on your desktop and click on the AMD settings option where you can change the AMD Radeon settings.
How To Fix Radeon driver settings do not match?
Uninstall the old AMD Radeon driver and install the latest version to fix this driver version issue. Also fix the driver version number registry.
This will fix the issue of Radeon Graphics Version and Driver Version doesn’t match error on your computer or laptop using AMD Radeon Graphics cards.
I hope this tutorial helped to fix the issue with the AMD Radeon driver mismatch error and you were able to use the power of your graphics card again.
Also kindly share this article if it was helpful. Leave your valuable comment below and let us know if you face any other AMD Radeon driver related problems.