With the latest May Windows 10 update many users where not able to get the latest update. If you are having problems updating windows or if the update progress is stuck these methods mentioned below will solve the issue.
How to fix windows 10 update not working
Follow the below methods to fix the windows 10 update not working error.
Download Windows 10 Update manager
1. To get the latest windows 10 update follow the tutorial below.
2. Go to Settings App in Windows 10 and check the updates option to see if any update is available or whether your PC is already up to date with the latest version of Windows 10.
3. Once you download the windows update program click on the program and run it as administrator.
4. The update program will download the latest windows 10 version and start the update process.
5. It will take like an hour with good internet speeds. The system will restart automatically several times.
Hope your windows 10 update problem is fixed. Do comment below if you face any other issues with your Windows 10 device.
If the windows update still didn’t work for you try the following steps below
Download Adware Cleaner
The next method is to download Adware cleaner. Since adware’s can also cause windows to update to stop working by blocking it in or preventing windows update to connect with the internet. To fix this follow the steps below.
Open and download the adware cleaner from the link or you can use your preferred Adware cleaner. We recommend using the Malwarebytes adware cleaner below.
After installer you can run the adware scanner to find any adware on your computer and delete them.
Now after deleting adware run the windows update program to update your Windows 10 to the latest version.
I hope you were able to fix the windows 10 update not working error. Do let us know your valuable comments below.