Plex Media Server helps you to organize your personal audio or video collection and stream it to other devices in the same network.
After you have set up a Plex media server on your Windows 10, macOS or Linux computer you can use the VLC player to play the videos. Follow the below steps when you have set up a PLEX media server and wanted to play videos on your computer using the VLC media player.
How To Stream Videos from Plex Media Server in VLC
1. Open the VLC media player application on your desktop.
2. Go to View Menu option and select the Playlist option.
3. Your playlist interface will show on the left of the VLC media player interface.
4. Now go to the Local Network and select the Universal Plug’n’play option.
5. It will take a few minutes and you will see the files from your Plex Media Server on your VLC player.
6. Now you can click the folder and browser the videos from the plex server and click on them to play the videos.
I hope you were able successfully play videos from your Plex server on VLC media player. Comment below if you have any questions.