Microsoft surface pro series is one of the best selling Microsoft hardware devices ever sold by Microsoft.
Let’s go through a step by step procedure on how to take screenshots or screen capture on Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface RT tablets. These tablets run windows 8 pro OS which supports all desktop applications as well.
Follow the step by step procedure below to take a screenshot in the surface pro tablet.
This tutorial also works on the latest Microsoft Surface Pro 2 as well.
How to take a screenshot on Surface Pro with keyboard
To take a screenshot with the keyboard attached to your Surface Pro, follow the below steps.
- To take a screenshot press the “PrtScn” key on your keyboard. ( Set the Function Fn key toggle off before doing this)
- Press the “PrtScn” button on the keyboard to add a screenshot to your clipboard.
- You can also go to the paint or any other app and paste the screenshot by pressing the CTRL+V button. This will copy the latest screenshot from the clipboard and paste it.
How to take a screenshot on Surface Pro without a keyboard
Once you are ready follow the below steps one by one. Don’t skip any steps.
1. Boot up your device and navigate to the application or screen which you want to screenshot.
2. Then when you are ready press and hold the home button and press the Volume Up button. ( Taking a screenshot with Microsoft surface pro is like jellybean android phones which also follow the same procedure with the use of the hardware power button)
3. When a screenshot is taken your screen will become dim for a second.
4. It will be automatically saved in your screenshots photo album in the Photos application.
The same procedure applies for both Windows surface pro tablets and also for Windows surface RT tablets too.
Also learn how to take a screenshot on windows 8 , 8.1 blue
For more information and easy learning , watch the video below
Hope this how to screenshot on surface pro article was helpful.We post the best tutorials for taking screenshot on android , windows , Mac devices too.Check out our other articles.
This screenshot tutorial also works on the following devices as well for taking
- Screenshot Surface Pro
- Screenshot surface pro 2
- Screenshot surface pro 3
- Screenshot surface pro 4
Let us know in the comments if this screenshot tutorial does not work for any reason on your surface pro device. We are here to help.